What is it?
- Up to four high school courses that provide graduation credits for completing paid apprenticeship work in Industry Training Authority (ITA) trades under the supervision of an certified trades person
How do employers benefit?
- Getting access to the next generation of workers
- Training workers from the start their careers
- Giving back to and investing in the local community
- Helping students learn a trade while earning credits towards high school graduation
- Working hours for students during regular school days and/or hours (if student schedule allows)
- Earning tax credits of up to 20% of the apprentices annual salary
How do students benefit?
- Allowing students to “earn while they learn”
- Getting a head start on their careers while still attending secondary school (could be certified in a trade before they are 20 years old)
- Having a smoother transition from school to work
- Up to four high school courses that provide graduation credits to students for completing up to 480 hours of paid apprenticeship work.
- Earning a $1000 Youth WORK in Trades Award from the ITA and Ministry of Education if criteria are met
Questions/Want to get involved?
Contact Geoff McSherry at: