Students earn high school course credits, as well as post-secondary credits, while training to gain the required skills and knowledge to become a Level 1 apprentice upon program completion. (Program Details listed below the video)
- The Langley School District offers the ITA Youth TRAIN in Trades Carpentry program at Aldergrove Community Secondary School. This program, in partnership with Kwantlen Polytechnic University, offers Langley students the opportunity to participate in Level 1 certified ITA training.
- Learn the skills and knowledge to start working in the construction/carpentry industry
- Earn credit for 5 high school courses (20 credits)
- Level 1 carpentry apprenticeship training
- Get some practical work experience in the field
- College credits leading to Kwantlen’s Citation in ELTT Carpentry/Construction
- ITA Registration
- Pay no tuition (for eligible high school students and recent high school graduates)
- For Grade 11 and 12 students
- Grade 10 completion plus any Math 11 and Eng 11 or Comm. 11
- genuine interest in construction
- commitment to learning the skills, knowledge and attitudes required to do well in the field
- intention to graduate
- Program runs February to July
- 1 semester and July work experience
- Aldergrove Community Secondary School
- See the following Info Sheet for details and/or contact us below.
Complete the following form so we can get you the information you need!