The Langley School District offers a tuition-free ITA Youth TRAIN in Trades Professional Cook 1 program at Walnut Grove Secondary School. This program, in partnership with Vancouver Community College, offers Langley high school students the opportunity to participate in Level 1 certified ITA training.
- A cook training program completed at school with a paid work placement
- A community of like minded students learning and working together
- Gain skills required to succeed in a range of industries: restaurants, hotels, institutional kitchens and catering operations.
- Train in a Professional Cook program (ITA affiliated) with a successful Red Seal Chef
- Prepare for a rewarding, varied and creative career in the food industry
- Learn the art and business of food service in a professional teaching kitchen and student run bistro
- FREE! No tuition for eligible high school students
- Earn high school course credits, as well as post-secondary credits, while training to gain the required skills and knowledge to become a Professional Cook.
- Grade 12 students and some skilled Grade 11 students
- Have a good attitude and genuine interest in working in the culinary industry
- Have the physical ability to safely use knives and other related kitchen tools
- September 2020 to June 2021
- Monday to Thursday from 2:30 pm to 7:30 pm
- Walnut Grove Secondary School in Vancouver Community College’s satellite campus professional teaching kitchen
- See the Youth TRAIN in Trades Professional Cook 1 Info Sheet for more information about this program
- Still have questions? Contact your school’s Career Advisor or use the contact form below
- Ready to apply? See the “Before you apply” section below