What is it?
Work And Volunteer Experience (WAVE) allows grade 10-12 students in the Langley School District to earn graduation credits for paid and unpaid work with a local employer. Students will have an 80 to 170-hour placement with employers as an entry-level employee and/or job shadow.
Benefits for Employers:
- Getting unpaid or paid student workers
- Accessing students who are eager to gain experience
- Working with the next generation of employees
- Developing rapport with students, schools and the community
- Testing out potential workers with the opportunity to hire them
- Having active WorkSafe BC coverage for employees
- Providing a COVID-19 Safety Plan
- Understanding the WAVE course and process
- Interviewing students and signing documents
- Supervising and mentoring students
- Providing safe and meaningful work
Benefits for Students:
- Exploring career options
- Learning by doing, hands on experiences
- Transitioning from school to work
- Gaining confidence in an area of interest
- Establishing a professional network
- Getting experience in real workplaces
Ready to get involved?
Complete the form below and we’ll be in touch with you to discuss the opportunities we can share with students! Have questions? Please contact us!