What is it?
Work And Volunteer Experience (WAVE) allows grade 10-12 students in the Langley School District to earn graduation credits for paid and unpaid work with a local employer. Students will have an 80 to 170-hour placement with employers as entry-level employees and/or job shadows.
Benefits for Employers:
- Getting unpaid or paid student workers
- Accessing students who are eager to gain experience
- Working with the next generation of employees
- Developing rapport with students, schools and the community
- Testing out potential workers with the opportunity to hire them
- Having active WorkSafe BC coverage for employees
- Understanding the WAVE course and process
- Interviewing students and signing documents
- Supervising and mentoring students
- Providing safe and meaningful work
Benefits for Students:
- Exploring career options
- Learning by doing, hands on experiences
- Transitioning from school to work
- Gaining confidence in an area of interest
- Establishing a professional network
- Getting experience in real workplaces
Want to learn more?
Ready to get involved?
- Have questions? Please contact us!
- Complete the Contact Form below and we’ll be in touch with you to discuss the opportunities we can share with students!