Students earn high school course credits, as well as post-secondary credits, while training to gain the required skills and knowledge to become a Level 1 apprentice upon program completion. (Program Details listed below the video)
- The Langley School District offers the ITA Youth TRAIN in Trades Electrical Foundation program at BCIT’s satellite campus located at DW Poppy Secondary School. This program, in partnership with BCIT, offers Langley students the opportunity to participate in Level 1 certified ITA training.
- Learn the skills and knowledge to start working in the electrical trade – planning, assembling, installing, testing, repairing and maintaining electrical equipment and systems.
- Earn credit leading to:
- BCIT’s Electrical Foundation Certificate of Trades Training
- 18 credits (6 courses) of secondary school graduation credit
- Technical training for Level 1 Apprenticeship
- Pay no tuition (for eligible high school students and recent high school graduates)
- For Grade 12 students only
- Genuine interest and drive to become an electrician
- Intention to graduate
- Commitment to learning the skills, knowledge and attitude required to do well in this field
- Math 12, Physics 11, Eng 12 or Comm 12
- Runs February to July
- 1 semester, 24 week program
- DW Poppy Secondary School in BCIT’s satellite campus
- See the following Info Sheet for details and/or contact us below.
Complete the following form so we can get you the information you need!