- The Langley School District offers the ITA Youth TRAIN in Trades Hairstylist program at Aldergrove Community Secondary School. This program provides SD35 students the opportunity to participate in Industry Training Authority (ITA) recognized Foundation Technical Training (includes Level 1). Students earn high school course credits, as well as post-secondary credits, while training to gain the required skills and knowledge to become an apprentice upon program completion.
- Participate in professional hair training program (ITA affiliated)
- Train with a teacher who is an experienced and successful hairstylist
- Attend a post-secondary program while earning high school credits towards graduation
- Prepare for a lucrative career in the hair industry
- Learn the art and business of hairstyling in a full-service training salon
- Pay no tuition (for eligible high school students)
- High school students who have completed grade 10 and English 11 and have the intention to graduate
- Recent high school graduates may be considered
- Two semesters: February to January (Beginning of Semester 2 to end of Semester 1)
- Follows Aldergrove Community Secondary School’s (ACSS) calendar and bell schedule (winter break, spring break and summer off)
- The Hair Lab at Aldergrove Community Secondary School
- See the Youth TRAIN in Trades Hairstylist Info Sheet for more information about this program
- Still have questions or want to apply? Contact your school’s Career Advisor or use our Contact Form
- Career Trek video – Learn what it takes to be a successful as a hairstylist in BC. Social skills and communication are key in creating new looks and meeting clients’ expectations.
- SD35 Hairstylist Program Tour video – See the classroom and equipment and meet the program’s instructor