Students earn high school course credits, as well as post-secondary credits, while training to gain the required skills and knowledge to become a Level 1 apprentice upon program completion. (Program Details listed below the video)
- The Langley School District offers the ITA Youth TRAIN in Trades Piping/Plumbing Foundation program at Langley Secondary School. This program, in partnership with BCIT, offers Langley students the opportunity to participate in Level 1 certified ITA training.
- Learn the skills and knowledge to start working the piping trades: plumbing, steam fitting and sprinkler fitting
- Earn credit for at least 4 high school courses (16 credits) and as many as 9 courses (36 credits)
- Level 1 piping trade apprenticeship training
- Get some practical work experience in the field
- Credit leading to BCIT’s ELTT Piping Trades Certificate
- ITA Registration
- Pay no tuition (for eligible high school students and recent high school graduates)
- For Grade 11 and 12 students
- Genuine interest in piping/plumbing
- Grade 10 completion plus any Math 11 and Eng 11 or Comm 11
- Intention to graduate
- Commitment to learning the skills, knowledge and attitude required to do well in this field
- Runs February to the following January
- 2 semesters
- Langley Secondary School
- See the following Info Sheet for details and/or contact us below.
Complete the following form so we can get you the information you need!