Students earn high school course credits, as well as post-secondary credits, while training to gain the required skills and knowledge to become a Level 1 apprentice upon program completion. (Program Details listed below the video)
- The Langley School District offers the ITA Youth TRAIN in Trades Automotive Service Technician program at Aldergrove Community Secondary School. This program, in partnership with Kwantlen Polytechnic University, offers Langley students the opportunity to participate in Level 1 certified ITA training.
- Learn skills and knowledge to start working in the automotive service industry
- Level 1 Auto Service Technician trade skills
- Credit for 5 high school courses (20 credits)
- Training in Auto Service leading to Level 1 apprenticeship exam
- Some practical work experience in the field
- Kwantlen University credits
- ITA Registration
- Pay no tuition (for eligible high school students and recent high school graduates)
- Grade 10 completion plus any Math 11 and Eng 11 or Comm. 11
- Automotive 11 or equivalent
- Intention to graduate
- Genuine interest in automotive service industry
- Commitment to learning the skills, knowledge and attitudes required to do well in the field
- January 2020 to July 2020
- 1 semester and July work experience
- Aldergrove Community Secondary School
- See the following Info Sheet for details and/or contact us below.
Complete the following form so we can get you the information you need!