Students complete Work Experience at a site other than their home school. It is designed to prepare students for the transition from school to the workplace by integrating classroom preparation with practice experience. Students attend a real workplace and to gain skills.
- Student generally completes Work Experience outside of school hours (after school, weekends, school holidays etc)
- Work can be paid or unpaid (volunteer)
- Student must complete Before Work Experience package and be registered in the course before hours can be counted
- Flexible scheduling, a student could complete their hours in as little as two weeks (over winter/spring holiday)
- 35-90 hours of required Work Experience hours completed and assignments could earn the student between two and four Grade 12 elective credits
- Student may be covered by WorkSafe BC while they participate in Work Experience
- There are two kinds of Work Experience: District Work Experience and School Work Experience